College Scholarship Resources
You must file FAFSA every single year to continue receiving financial aid and scholarships!
Start your scholarship search with your college or university. Schools will offer scholarships to their students. Sometimes you are automatically considered when you apply to the school, but some schools require an additional application to be considered. Make sure you know how scholarships work at your school!
- Start your search early. Many scholarships will require essays, and you want to make sure you have enough time to complete the application well.
- Make connections with your professors early on. Some scholarships will require letters of recommendation, so have some ideas of which professors you could ask. You should avoid asking your high school teachers for letters of recommendation after you have started college.
- Keep your resume updated with all relevant work and leadership experiences.
- Request official copies of your Cristo Rey Jesuit transcript through the link on the Alumni Portal.
- Find out where to request official copies of your college transcript, in case that is needed for the application.
Scholarship Search Engines
- Cappex/College Greenlight
- Scholarship America
- US Department of Labor
- JLV College Counseling
Scholarships for Minorities
- Accredited Schools Online
- Best Colleges
- Affordable Colleges
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Major specific: STEM majors
- HITEC Foundation
- Major specific: Technology or related
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- La Unidad Latina Foundation
- American Chemical Society
- Major specific: Chemistry or related
- Hispanic Scholarship Consortium
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Major specific: Accounting
- NAACP Scholarship Program
- National Association of Black Accountants Scholarship Program
- Major specific: Accounting, Finance, Business, related
- NACME Scholarships
- Major specific: Engineering or Computer Science
- UNCF Scholarships
- Red Thread Foundation for Women Scholarship
- Must be an immigrant or first-generation American
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarships
- Must attend partner school
Alumni Emergency Funds
Through a generous donation from the Kinder Foundation, we are excited to offer emergency funding to Cristo Rey Jesuit alumni in need of small amounts of money to help them stay in college or enroll themselves in college. If you are in need of some of this funding, you can find more information and the application through this link: https://forms.gle/
If you have any questions specific to your unique circumstances, please reach out to us!
Emma Chee, M.Ed.
Alumni Program Manager 281-501-1298 email@example.com