Department: IT Administration
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employee Type: FT/12-mo
Reports To: Jim Colby, Director of Information Technology
: The IT Manager is a key player in the success of the technology program at Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory High School (CRJ) and works to deploy, support, and maintain necessary software and hardware systems in support of innovative and effective learning and instruction. Under the direction of the Director of IT, the IT Manager will be required to perform multiple, complex, technical tasks, the IT Manager is expected to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet constantly changing job conditions and industry standards.
essential job functions:
- Utilizing pertinent network, application, and operating system management and troubleshooting software; adhering to security best practices
- Planning and managing projects; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and analyze situations to identify issues and draw conclusions.
- Analyzes and integrates information and perspectives to determine the root causes of problems, identify the best course of action, and prioritize efforts.
- Develops new insights and formulates creative solutions, considering the impact and implications of recommendations in the context of overall vision, goals, and objectives.
- Assist IT Director with planning and implementing department budget.
important job functions:
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues. • Experience managing a Google Workspace environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Experience with configuration and support of server virtualization.
- Experience managing users and resources using Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Experience with desktop/laptop imaging software.
- Experience configuring network switches, access points, and firewalls.
- Experience configuring infrastructure services, e.g. DHCP, DNS, print servers.
- Experience with programming is a plus.
- Experience with Linux and Open Source software also a plus.
- Knowledge of Audio-Visual equipment.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Positively collaborates and builds/maintains authentic and trusting relationships. Demonstrates high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- One to four years’ experience.
- Technology certifications are a plus.
- Experience in a school environment preferred but not required.
Knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Skill in critical thinking and planning
- Required to work some nights and weekends
- Flexibility / ability to adapt to changing schedules and requirements
- Required to manage high to moderate levels of stress
- Required to work in standard school conditions
- Ability to lift or carry equipment, and supplies
- Required to perform strenuous walking, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing, climbing, twisting, grasping, and reaching overhead
- Required to work in various climate conditions
We are excited to review applications who are interested in our mission and meet the required skills and qualities. To apply for the job please contact, email@example.com .
Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston and Cristo Rey Work Study Program, Inc are equal opportunity employers.