CWSP Operations & Sales Coordinator
WHO WE ARE:
Opening in 2009, Cristo Rey Jesuit now has student enrollment of nearly 500 young men and women. Cristo Rey Jesuit offers a rigorous college preparatory education available to students of limited economic resources in the Houston area. A unique Corporate Work Study Program places student in Houston businesses and nonprofits where they learn the expectations of the corporate world and earn up to 50 percent of the cost of their education. Cristo Rey Jesuit belongs to the national Cristo Rey Network of schools and the national Jesuit Schools Network.
To inspire and prepare students of limited economic resources to succeed in college and lead their communities as compassionate, committed, and competent men and women for others for the greater glory of God.
Compelled by our Jesuit mission and identity, we are a vibrant community that transforms the world by loving, learning, and excelling in all we do.
OUR LEARNING COMMUNITY:
Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston is a 9-12 learning community that educates students of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work-study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and mission driven individual who is open to growth and wants to be part of our community. They will have the unique opportunity to help develop one of Houston’s most promising educational options for young men and women from families with low to moderate income. An ideal candidate should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education and be comfortable modeling an active and inspiring faith life for all in the community.
In this role, the CWS Operations & Sales Coordinator will ensure that all business-related functions are in line with our strategic goals. You will monitor and improve our organization's daily functions and build processes that meet our business needs and objectives to ensure compliance. You will measure the efficiency of systems and procedures and will plan, organize, and prioritize your work assignments to manage a high-volume workload in a fast paced, changing environment, with an ability to complete detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
You will organize, prioritize, and execute critical issues and information for the Director of the Corporate Work-Study Program and will frequently check in and share details regarding the day-to-day operations, always proactively raising issues or concerns. You will lead systems, program operations, communications, and events to leverage partnerships, sponsor engagements, and student success.
Additionally, as Sales Coordinator you will be responsible for generating new business opportunities for the Corporate Work Study program by identifying, contacting, and qualifying potential partners. In this role, you will work closely with both the Sr. Manager, Sales & Business Development as well as the CWS Director.
A member of the Cristo Rey Jesuit faculty seeks ways to teach and model being men. and women for others. He/she interacts in a positive and caring way with students by offering academic and personal guidance and takes an active position in celebrating and upholding the Catholic and Jesuit identity of Cristo Rey Jesuit.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
CWS Operations Management:
- Monitor daily CWSP operations in the office and address potential issues as they arise with students, sponsors, parents/guardians or CRJ faculty and staff
- Lead the scheduling of student training efforts (job prep, summer training, senior project, curriculum development, professional development, student reemployment)
- Accurately record Student Associate attendance and send absence emails to students and parents, and coordinate absence makeup days with students and supervisors
Marketing & Communications
- Serve as the primary point of contact for CWS communications to stakeholders
- Develop and send verbal and written communications to internal and external stakeholders(i.e., students, parents, sponsors, faculty & staff); communicate complex information accurately, timely, and based on sound judgment in accordance with CRJ policies
- Partner with the Head of Business Development to maintain website, create content and schedule monthly site updates
- Collaborate with the Head of Business Development to create CWS marketing collateral, the Sales Enablement Toolkit and CWS Quarterly Newsletter
- Serve as a professional host by providing a great first impression when guests arrive, and a lasting impression as departing guests leave
- Maintain a cooperative and positive attitude towards guests, corporate partners, students, and fellow team members
- Plan logistics for CWSP orientations and events and manage all program details
- Collaborate with the development team, president, and communications team to plan the Leadership Luncheon
Sales & Business Development
- Identify potential partners for the Corporate Work Study Program
- Utilize Salesforce, cold calls, and email to generate new opportunities
- Follow up on leads provided by the Jobs Committee
- Represent the CWS program, using comprehensive knowledge as well as research to explain how our Student Associates meet the needs of their company
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage prospective partners in next steps
- Collaborate with the Sr Manager, Sales & Business Development to develop strategies for reaching sales targets
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, competition, and industry developments
- Attend networking events to build relationships and generate leads
- Provide regular reports on sales activities and results to the Sr Manager, Sales & Business Development and CWS Director
- Work with your dedicated Account Managers to identify ongoing strategic targets
- Ensure data accuracy for high-level sponsor contacts, supervisor contact, and student information in Salesforce, Student Placement Spreadsheets and PowerSchool
- Maintain up-to-date email distributions lists for high-level sponsor contacts, supervisor contact, and students for communication sharing
- Serve as the primary point of contact for generating reports for internal and external use Training, Development & Engagement
- Lead the team in designing and implementing Project CEO, Supervisor and On-Site orientations, etc.
- Organize orientations for and maintain ongoing contact with site supervisors who will manage student employees
- Collaborate with site supervisors on how best to support students and ensure student success in the workplace
Account & Relationship Management:
- Build strong relationships with students, via being a model of conduct and offering guidance as they are introduced to the corporate work world as well as building relationships with the professionals at various work places to ensure success.
- Serve as a liaison to an assigned portfolio of CWS business partners and manage corporate accounts through developing and maintaining working relationships with CWS supervisors and decision makers.
- Conduct site visits in accordance with Department of Labor requirements
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; a Master’s Degree preferred
- State of Texas Teacher's Certification strongly preferred, or must have a Bachelor's Degree in the content area and at least 12 credit hours in education.
- Candidates without state certification, must complete state certification within the first two years of employment.
- 3-5 years teaching experience in marginalized communities preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
● Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Please submit cover letter, resume and school transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.